20 Sept 2009

Scrumptious Cinnamon Porridge

This is my weekend breakfast and look forward to it all week :) It's also one I make for all my friends when they come to visit.  It seems to work every time.  No complaints to far.
I actually found this recipe in a weight watchers recipe book my mum had.  I have pretty much stuck to the recipe, however there may be a few tweaks here and there.

This one is for you Sofie x

Ingredients

quantities for 1 serving.

1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 banana
a few raisins
drizzle honey to taste


How to:

1.  add oatmeal, water and milk to the pan
2. turn head to medium and stir continuously
3.  add cinnamon.
4.  Bring to the boil and watch it thicken.
5. When its bubbling and nice and thick but still soupy turn off the heat and pour into a bowl
6. Chop your banana on the top then sprinkle the raisins.
7. If, like me you have a big sweet tooth drizzle a little honey to finish.

Enjoy :)

Variation : Instead of banana grate 1/2 an apple and add it to the oatmeal when cooking

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Suzie! I tried to cook it this summer but it wasn't quite right. I forgot about the grated apple! Can't wait to try it again xxx

Unknown said...

I finally made it. So good! I think the proportion of 1-4 oats to liquid was the biggest surprise but it really works. My little twist was to stir in the raisins a little before turning off the heat. Makes them go soft and sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails