This soup is one I picked up from working in a bistro a few years ago. It is an absolute favourite of mine. It's deliciousness is 5 star. You have to try it to see what I mean.
Half a Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) or 1 squash
2 pints of vegetable stock (I used 2 sachets of Konbu dashi)
200 ml Coconut milk (1/2 tin)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
1 scallion (garnish)
1. Cut up the Kabocha/squash and cook it in the stock until the pumpkin becomes soft.
2. In the meantime chop up the onion and sauté in a pan with a little olive oil.
3. When the pumpkin is cooked add the onion, spice, and coconut milk.
4. Spoon half of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth then transfer back to the pot and reheat.
5. Quarter the lemon then squeeze the juice into the soup and stir.
6. Serve with your garnish.
Day 2 soup = Pasta sauce!!
Brown pasta mixed with pumpkin soup, 1 small eggplant, a cup of spinach, 2 scallions, 1 big juicy tomato, 1 tub of firm tofu(diced).... basically all the leftovers in my fridge
Nice, quick and very satisfying : )